PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horrible instructor!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2020, 19:12
fitliker

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
If you do not give me a good passenger briefing before the flight . I will not let you start the engine For a club checkout.
if you omit to tell me not to touch anything in the briefing I will make you cry before the check out is complete , I might even threaten to light a large Cuban cigar that has been in my flight bag for that gag since 1989 , if you forget to tell me not to smoke . Nothing says I cannot have fun while teaching
I can also play dumb FO to captains getting upgraded that do not treat FOs as part of the crew .

Make sure your Passenger briefing is thorough , in an emergency they will look to you for help and not panic because you will have demonstrated your knowledge of the aircraft and they will trust the person who takes the time to tell before the flight everything they need to know to enjoy the flight.
Companies have SOPs for briefings . A private pilot can make it fun ,if the pax know they can trust you because you care enough to make sure they know how to use the seat belts , stow bags , no smoking ,how to unlock the doors and get out in an emergency, where the emergency equipment is Located ELT, survival kit , first aid kit ,, phones on airplane mode to save your phone battery , do not touch any controls or switches unless I ask you to , and very important if you see anything you think I should know about please speak up . Weather is forecast to be good for the whole flight , and we have enough fuel . Any questions ? And do not use the ejector seats as the parachutes have been sent out for re-packing

Take the time to look after your passengers , if anything bad was to happen, your future self will thank you .