PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horrible instructor!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2020, 13:39
double_barrel

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Horrible instructor!

I flew with 3 different instructors as I worked towards my PPL. I occasionally grumbled a bit, but now I realize how good they were!

I recently wanted to hire a 172 to get some hours in a new area. Of course the school from whom I hired it wanted to check me out, and I also wanted to initially fly with someone familiar with local procedures. But the-check out instructor was a truly horrible experience. There were many examples of annoying/bad behaviour - during a touch and go, I looked down and find he has put 10deg flap in after I raised them, he fiddles with the transponder between alt-stby and switches lights without telling me, several times he reached over and prodded/pulled the throttle while I was landing. When I stopped clear of the rwy to do after landing checks he yells at me to move onto the apron.

I am no sky god, and my flying may not be perfect, but somehow no instructor evert found it necessary at any time in my PPL training to interfere with the controls like this to prevent a disaster, but this joker was fiddling every 5 minutes.

Altogether a nasty experience.

I am not sure why I am posting this, I guess the advice would be to tell him to **** off which I did not do. The trouble is there is nowhere else to go to hire a 172.

Last edited by double_barrel; 21st Sep 2020 at 13:59.