PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it even worth going modular right now?
Old 21st Sep 2020, 07:01
rudestuff

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts
To answer the question: Yes.

I assume you want to be a pilot? If so then you'll need a licence. So the only two pertinent questions are:

Modular or integrated?..... Modular obviously, if you willingly course to pay 3x the cost for the same licence then you might want to consider if you're smart enough for the job!)

Now or later?..... Well there's no time like the present. If you get everything right you're looking at a minimum of a year, realistically two to go from nothing to fATPL. A lot can change in that time, and the ONLY way to be adequately prepared is to start now. The very fact that you're asking the question means that you aren't sure: that means others are probably asking themselves the same question and a lot of people will not train because of that uncertainty. That is exactly why you SHOULD start now: do what everyone else isn't. The worst that can happen is that you end up with the licence you were always going to get anyway. My only caveat would be don't go all the way. Get a CPL/IR but do everything single engine. Only get the MEIR and MCC when the job market is suitable.