PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2020, 06:43
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
But they not people returning from overseas. They are those who had tested positive or were known contacts of those who had, not inbound travellers. You suggested they're the most likely to adhere to the rules; evidently not it would seem.

So again, why are overseas arrivals required to isolate in hotels when known positive cases and their contacts don't?

Anyway, I've got as much chance of getting a logical answer here as I did when I asked my State and Federal members the same question…...
I am not sure what you do not get.

Most people in QLD are known to be COVID free - there was a breach and some fools contaminated a few people.

Those then were in the community - they either developed symptoms or were asked to be tested - BY THIS TIME it was too late, they either infected others or did not have the virus. The saying the horse has bolted rings true.

The ones who tested positive by this stage had already done all the infecting they were going to do, they then need/ed the self isolate with Johnny Grunt watching - the numbers were/are low in QLD for this to happen.

However new arrivals from overseas are considered contagious until proven otherwise, we do not have enough Johnny Grunts to individually watch everyone of these voluntary arrivals at their own homes.

I do believe the self funded hotel quarantine ($3300) can be circumvented with an approved alternative also self funded, but that I expect costs a little more than $3300.

It seems around 3/4 of QLD cases are overseas arrivals including the one case today.