PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2020, 04:34
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
Are you sure they are not the figures from Victoria for those who had tested positive but had not met their self-isolation obligations? As most if not all (non-celebrity or sportspeople) international arrivals in most states have had to quarantine in hotels, I would suggest your latter suggestion that 30% hadn't met their self-isolation requirements, comes from the very same group you suggest would correctly self-isolate knowing they're positive. You don't think those becoming desperate to return home wouldn't be the most likely not to jeopardise their quarantine and risk hefty fines if they didn't follow the quarantine rules?

Just some consistency both within the States and federally would be nice. At the moment all we have is a totally inconsistent set of rules that are driven by political expediency and a desire not to lose face by admitting that some earlier decisions had been a little over the top.
I would suggest, what I said in my previous post.

Queensland also had issues with self isolation.

More than 200 people who were meant to be isolating at home under strict coronavirus quarantine laws in Queensland are missing.

Since mid-April more than 2,000 compliance checks have been conducted by the COVID-19 taskforce, with officers uncovering almost 400 people who were not where they were supposed to be.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...sland/12472332