PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you keep pushing?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2020, 03:09
SITTINGBULL

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Nah I don't know guys, I feel like I made a big f***ing mistake letting my young age and passion pull me into this industry.

I'm now 25 stuck working for propably one of the worst GA opperator/owners in the country in a clapped out twin and single from a remote base... Who knows how much longer I will be out here for!

Im often cross that I know of a dozen people around my age or younger working at [insert Dash 8 operator here] out of a capital city, that for the most part don't deserve to be there, and only got there because HR opened the flood gates, all they needed was their parents to cough up the 10-20K to buy the Job.

I have a highly supportive and better deserving partner back home on the J curve, I don't feel like it's wise to give that up just to chase what is pretty much eternal lonlieness, and by the looks of the MR, my impending death.

If I leave now, I don't think I'll ever return to the industry, at least not in a flying role. But im stumped as to what industry or role I could possibly migrate too. I, like most of us, have had my minds set only on flying for a long time... it's all I know. So what do I do now?

IT? - For the love of god I have no idea why IT get's tossed around in pilot forums so much
Trade? - Electrcial
Office Job? - How long before I loose my **** and throw my PC out window?

I don't want to piss away another 3-5 years studying at university only to find myself broaching into my 30's and in the red another 20-30K with no sustainable job.

But on the other hand, what is a non-flying role like? Whats it like having a normal job and a normal life? Is it worth it? Will I resent myself if I never fly professionally again? Should I try an join the Defence Force? I cannot possibly afford to make another mistake.