PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2020, 23:42
C441

Received 115 Likes on 46 Posts
I thought the people returning from overseas were high risk,isnt that how the hotel quarantine saga erupted in victoria.
It erupted because, despite being in a quarantine hotel, they were not self-isolating. If they were, the virus could have been contained largely to that group.

As for overseas arrivals, unlike a known positive they could be asymptomatic.
So could anyone who came in contact with those people who contracted the virus in the southern and western suburbs of Brisbane a few weeks ago. How is that different to someone returning from overseas and going into required self-isolation at a venue of their choice, as was the case with the Qld positives? The Queensland positives were required to enter self-isolation, at home in most cases I'm sure, but the returning citizens must go to a hotel whether they're positive or not. Even if they were all positive on returning to Australia, why can one group of positives self-isolate at home and another have to fork out $3000 to stay in a hotel if they have a suitable place to self-isolate?

To put it simply. I was at far greater risk of contracting Covid had I gone to Indooroopilly Westfields in the days after the first few western suburbs positives were announced than I was had my next door neighbour flown home from Europe and gone straight into isolation in her home for 14 days - even if she was positive.