PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blind BEA Viscount Captain.
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2020, 08:02
ExSp33db1rd

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
String trick. Heard of this attributed to RAF Transport Command on Army charters. R/O, Nav. F/Eng. Co-Pilot would obviously leave the flight deck and start playing cards at the rear, Captain would then walk slowly backwards out of the cockpit keeping the string tight, and hand it to the first row aisle seat pax.and tell him to keep it tight as he joined the crew.

Co-pilot hiding in Lower 41, electronics bay. Stewardess called and -told to get him to hurry back after visiting the toilet and eventually returned to say that she couldn't find him. "Oh dear,"said Capt. we must have left him behind. After landing flt. crew asked ground crew to delay positioning the rear steps, co-pilot ran down the front steps, then up the rear steps and pounded on the door, when the stewardess opened it he feigned shortness of breath and said " Christ, you left me behind, I've had to run all the way" Stewardess fainted.

All I ever did was agree to let a curious stewardess look through the sextant, but not right now, come back in 10 minutes. Burned cork smeared around the rubber eyepiece and when she said she couldn't see anything, try the other eye, and press hard against the eyepiece. Sdss. then walked bacl through the cabin with two black eyes. Such fun.