PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transferable Skills
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2020, 05:34
Whiteteanosugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pogie
What a great question! What would I do? Hmmm.... Sleep on a normal schedule... Avoid going to India... Avoid going to China... Do what I want, when I want... Live longer... Spend time with people I choose to spend time with... Save money on useless union dues... and best of all... enjoy a life NOT having some greedy, vindictive twats always trying to take things from me. That's a start, anyway!
Seriously if you hate this place and this outfit so much just leave. Living longer and happier trumps staying in a job and place you obviously loath, while making yourself and everyone else miserable.

Back onto the subject. I think the average pilot really have no transferable skills unless one has some sort of business on the side or a skill that is kept current. Just a quick browse on any jobs website will show everything out there require background “relevant” experience. A degree from 20 years ago is not worth much nowadays. Whatever this COVID outcome is, I for one will not be complacent anymore and find myself an area of interest outside of aviation and keep learning.