PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.
Old 20th Sep 2020, 01:53
Rie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RusCo
I have written in MY previous posts that I have already applied to FedEx, UPS, Delta and United, (just added US Airways to the list). I have also taken the kids out of school in Hong Kong., they will be starting school in january at home. My 750,000 dollar shoe box is for sale. So, yes, I am doing something about it.

As far as the seniority trap...there is no seniority at cx, what there are are golden handcuffs. But what few fail to realize is yes one makes a good amount of money, 10 year SFO, plus housing plus schooling and that all adds up to more than any Captain at the above airlines, HOWEVER...Hong Kong, as you all know, is extremely expensive so any money made is spent.

So yes...I am leaving. I have no bad feelings for CX, I enjoy flying the routes, I enjoy flying with the great guys and gals..I just can no longer take living in Hong Kong.

If only the bases had opened, but waiting 3 plus years for a so called announcement is enough. I am not getting any younger...and the carrot is not getting any closer...
Seems like RusCo didn't have the attitude to move on back then. Thankfully Southwest took him onboard and sent him home. Go away troll. Your life in HK is long gone so probably for the best to stop grinding your axe.