PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grim Reapers Heritage Jet
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2020, 17:07
Out Of Trim

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Whilst I enjoyed Chopper2004's subject matter, it is apparent that something is not quite right. Whether it be technique or settings! Focus does seem to be off or maybe you were shaking with excitement! Perhaps try to increase the camera sharpness control a little to see if it looks a little better.

I was unable to read any Exif Data. These were evening shots, so perhaps ISO needs to be raised to allow for a faster shutter speed or change the exposure; many of your photos seem too dark. I wonder if you do any post-processing? You might want to use shutter priority and pan the camera for moving fast jets! Maybe consider shooting Raw; as you can adjust more with post-processing.

I was wondering what equipment you were using? As a DSLR with a half-decent lens should be able to obtain rather better results in my experience! Although shooting through a fence probably didn't help much. Please don't take offence. It was meant to be constructive only...

I don't know if you are new to photography, but if you want to develop your skills further there are excellent forums on DP Review for every camera, make and model. If you upload some of your work there with EXIF data intact, I'm sure that the regulars will critique and help point you in the right direction.

Cheers!

Last edited by Out Of Trim; 19th Sep 2020 at 21:38.