PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "JetStar" the name - 23 A320s ordered
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2003, 16:50
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets get a few facts straight. QF pilot's ARE NOT paid too much. Anyone who suggests otherwise is plain ignorant of economies of scale. They deserve every cent they get, as do the Virgin pilots. If the Impulse lads are going to work for a lower rate, I fail to see the relevance of that to other pilots. Trying to justify ones actions at the expense of another is futile and baseless. If it does in fact undermine the industry to which many of us have commited so much time, that will be a very sad thing indeed.

However getting on a high horse and attempting to give credence to (perceived) dubious actions by denegrating the pay and conditions of another group of pilot's is plain wrong.

To those of you willing to respond with posts indicating you think we are on easy street, please ponder this. The job you are doing right now, whatever the pay rate, how would you feel if a young sprog came along and offered their services for 30% less? So you fly a King Air for $50k a year, I come along and do it for $30k, does that now qualify me to call you overpaid? of course not.

Ignore the idiot comments comparing doctors etc. Most pilots spend alot longer than 6 years in below averge conditions to get the requirements for airline flying. There are a FEW who get the easy road, MOST do not. Yep doctors study for longer, pilots work for peanuts for longer to get experience. A doctor may see 5000 to 10,000 patients a year, a 737 pilot may fly over 100,000 passengers a year, big deal. Who's worth more?It's a vacuous comparison!

While we fight here among ourselves, the pathetic little no brainer bean counters in the respective organisations are rubbing their Mr Burns fingers together Laughing all the way to the bank. Divide and conquer!!!!! it works EVERY time. I think it will be some time before we wake up to this disgusting travesty and injustice. Don't sit in here rambling on about other pilots and their perceived unjust conditions, be pro-active and improve your own lot in life.