PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 18th Sep 2020, 21:10
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Niemantznarr
the novelty of this new fleet soon wore off on BA flight crews, who started to bid away from MF trips.
Now you are really talking nonsense....I don't think many of us (certainly on Long Haul) looked at the bid packs and thought "oh that's a mixed fleet trip , I must bid "away"..On the 777 I certainly saw no shortage of senior'ish pilots in places ranging from TLV to SIN.

BTW since for whatever reason "the strike" has been brought into play with: "Let me remind you how BA pilots assisted as strike breakers in 2010" would either you, or perhaps Raph737 who seems to have a view on well BASSA did, care to remind us how many UNITE members operated as Cabin Crew during the strike, and how many of those were BASSA members actively breaking their own strike?

FWIW I operated as PIC 4 longhaul sectors on the 777 over that strike period and the crew composition was typically 50% BASSA ( first two sectors the CSD reported for duty and worked, on the other two the position was filled by a Purser working up), 25% either non-Union Ground Staff or UNITE Ground staff and the other 25% was made up typically by 2 or 3 pilots...so lets not try to perpetuate the myth that the pilots caused the BASSA strike to fail.....plenty of UNITE/BASSA members worked.

Last edited by wiggy; 18th Sep 2020 at 21:23.