PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir David Jason meets the BBMF
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2020, 17:37
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 117 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxR
Why would you want to see the Lancaster? Wasn't the programme about the Battle of Britain? In fact, while I'm at it, why does the BBMF have a Lancaster at all? Surely they need to change their name.
Oh, this could be fun. Nothing like a re-branding exercise.....sort of worked for Windscale to Sellafield after all.

As the BBMF also operates Chipmunks and a Dakota, neither of which participated in the "BoB ", a minor detail you understand, then possibly the RAF Vintage Piston Flight would meet with your approval ?. Or maybe, the RAF Venerable Flying Flight ?.....please, do have a think about this as I'm sure the BBMF would be quite intrigued as to what you feel they should be re-branded as.......and why. Out of interest, you don't have an MBA in Management do you ?

As for the Lanc, well I actually have a connection to the aircraft as it were. In 1977, the first major was carried out and 71 MU were invited to join in. I can say, as it's probably been refurbished since, at one time, the aircraft was flying around with a significant part of my handiwork attached, notably the port flap which I de-skinned, and re-skinned, albeit with a bit of help when it came to nailing the rivets in and generally cleaned up any structure that wasn't being replaced. . Now that really was a labour of love I can assure you. It was actually quite "interesting " at times when we started on the wing upper surface skin....and some of the original pretty green rivets came off by hand sans drill !

Nearly forgot, the programme was well worth watching as other have said.