PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fifty-four years of flying!
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2020, 05:34
India Four Two

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
I have certainly stirred up a hornet's nest of memories! My flying at White Waltham was on an RAF Special Flying Award, which was the equivalent of a Flying Scholarship for non-Air Cadets.

My goal is to beat the famous Canadian DH test pilot, George Neal.
BPF, that's my goal as well. We''ll see who gets there first! I've got a head start on you.

I was so pleased to see my old lady friend GARJC in your post
JayDoubleyou,

In 1966, WLAC had JC, JD, JG and KR (which was a bit of a dog) plus Chipmunks G-AORF and G-AOTH for spinning. My whole PPL was non-radio, including landing at Kidlington and Sywell!

A couple of women, too!
cavuman1, that allows a nice segue into the story of my fiftieth anniversary in 2016. I was working in Saigon and I mentioned to a friend of mine that it was the fiftieth anniversary of my first solo and that I was disappointed that I could not fly.

The next time I visited my friend’s bar (a good kind of friend to have), I discovered that she had looked at my Facebook page and downloaded a picture of me when I really was India Four Two and had it iced onto a cake. Here’s the cake and the presentation by Hoa and her sister Binh. It more than made up for not being able to fly. By the end of the evening, I definitely needed more than “eight hours between bottle and throttle”!

Last edited by India Four Two; 18th Sep 2020 at 06:17.