PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2020, 12:40
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caaardiff
Here we go again. Did you apply for the ceo position? Sounds like you can run it better.

With regards to the baggage, have you considered social distancing may be a factor to longer offload times? The hold of an aircraft is a small confined space at the best of times.
I missed this - I am quite happy in my own aviation job ! Not sure there are too many (except maybe Spencer) who would relish this role at the moment. Something at the airport in terms of costs has to give and quickly (simple business economics) unless the WG are happy to continue to bankroll with taxpayers money. This could lead to some anger directed towards the airport.

Although it may not appear obvious, I want the airport to succeed - I use it 10+ times per year, hence my frustration at the apparent lack of commercial focus.

i can only hope they have some magic plan in the pipeline, hence the apparent inertia to react to the current environment. I do feel though that as taxpayers, it is not unreasonable for us to expect them to share some of this. It just feels (I. The absence of any other information) that they are just stumbling on hoping for the best. Surely you have to agree if this were a true commercial organization, they would have to publish their medium term plans and actions ?