PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Skype Interview this week. Help
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2020, 23:54
Pawly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with this is that essentially every single question about any ATO and/or training in general boils down to just that. Some people telling others not to start training right now. And yes, that's some good advice, and yes that might be true, but that wasn't the question. If the person wanted to get an opinion on what to do, he/she would've asked just that. But if you're asking a simple question and you want simple answers, getting opinions on your personal decisions that you might not even have made yet, is simply annoying and not the point of asking a very specific question.

That's why I said that yes, the advice might be correct and good but if the person wants an actual answer to that question, he/she should rather find some people, reviews or experiences from others on Google than bothering with asking on pprune. As it's a question about flight training, one can be 100% certain that people will start shoving their oh-so-smart advice into people's faces until they get so frustrated with the forum that they never return, simply because they couldn't get a simple answer.
Again, I'm not against giving people advice. But some people seem to think that every person who's interested in flight training right now, is the dumbest person on the planet who will believe everything an ATO has to say without ever questioning it, and that's simply not the case. People know the situation by now, you can read about this on essentially every single topic as I'm sure it'll be mentioned at some point anyway, no matter what the topic used to be before. I'm just against ruining every question and essentially ignoring it, just to say the same thing over and over again.

If you want people to believe you and listen to you, you gotta listen to them as well.