PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Risk of contracting virus on airplanes - perspective
Old 15th Sep 2020, 13:02
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bindair Dundat

Interesting, how Boeing must wish the World had done it your way over MAX and MCAS. Read the accident reports, decide there is no solution in there, and that the solution is to adjust the perception of risk instead. Merely tell the travelling pax, bit of marketing and PR, "these are not the plane crashes you are looking for" and everything will be fine. I am in awe.

fergusd

In UK that is in part because they have capacity severely restricted (far more than just "no middle seat") and (possibly related) because ticket prices are now through the roof, anecdotally at least. Various in my family have in recent weeks tried to get tickets to various places without success due to ridiculous prices. We are talking £250 each way cheapest ticket for both mainline and cross country destinations, not London, and willing to book in advance, specific train, and willing to travel any time of day. I never believed Corbyn when he said nationalisation would make trains cheaper, but this is 2-300% increase at least. For one trip you could have hired a decent car, fueled it, and paid for a decent hotel for the same price as going there and back by train (what happened, in fact, was that the trips didn't happen).