PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2020, 08:37
OC37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caaardiff
Whilst I agree with your points to a degree, its not really that simple. Your average Mr or Mrs Jones would not want the hassle of transferring through a hub and taking 2 flights. They would rather the hassle of driving 1-2hrs down the M4 to BRS/LHR or up the M5 to BHX. To many its not even a hassle thats thought about anymore, its the norm.
Business people or regular flyers will be more open minded to hub Airports because they are used to flying. Your average leisure break passenger isn't, so wants the cheapest and quickest air route but will sacrifice land route to get it.!
I agree also to a degree, that many a leisure traveller may be nervous of flying with the most dangerous bits being the landings, "give me a direct flight anyday".

But then going back a few months I saw an exchange with a BRS enthusiast about all the destinations BRS serves, I think it was FCO and another that I checked and the unsocial hours that some of the flights arrive back in to BRS pax are snookered for public transportation, it would either be a hire-car or bust and dare to have had a sherbet or few during the long day until that late evening then even a hire-car wouldn't be a viable option.

And as for LHR, already much of a full day of travelling and then the joys of National Express along the M4, perhaps via Bristol, Chepstow and/or Newport arriving in to, or near to, Cardiff Central so late that there are no connecting buses or trains until the next morning ... WHY?

Last edited by OC37; 15th Sep 2020 at 09:42.