PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2020, 10:07
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnleft080
Originally Posted by Xeptu View Post
Two things that will change our position
A vaccine
A reliable quick test that can be used to better manage our border controls

A reliable quick test is being tested in Israel at the moment. Without looking up anything I did see a news item on it last week
on 3aw. It would provide a 30 sec result. It would be 98% accurate. Well lets hope it's a goer.
This will come out before any vaccine I reckon. If available it would open all borders (wether you like it or not premiers) crossing by car, bus, train, plane, at check in or at the crossings.
Your negative go through, your positive turn back and isolate. Probably still not good enough for the premiers.
Watching this space though.
We are very good at drug and alcohol detection in the workplace within our mining industry, we have zero tolerance yet they still keep turning up in full knowledge of that. These are small numbers and it's dealt with and managed well. That's still a problem though and it shouldn't be happening. A reliable quick test for covid would be no different.
Confidence that a plane load of passengers are arriving negative and proven on arrival would do it for me. I have no doubt it would do it for the greater majority too.
It would be a brave government that refused the decision of the greater majority in any state and in reality I don't believe they would.