PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2020, 08:48
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by currawong
If you need to go for something important, apply for an exemption.

Then number 6 will apply.
Let's see there...
  • This email serves as a notification that your request to undertake travel in accordance with the Directions restricting travel into, and within the State of Western Australia has been RECEIVED.
    • ​​​​​​​Application status: REJECTED. Reason for unsuccessful application: Proposed travel itinerary as you have declared that you will be in Victoria in the 14 days prior to your arrival in Western Australia. (Note, I didn't declare that at all, their website coding wasn't up to date. I haven't been in Victoria in years)
  • ​​​​​​​This email serves as a notification that your request to undertake travel in accordance with the Directions restricting travel into, and within the State of Western Australia has been RECEIVED.
    • Application status: REJECTED. In line with the Quarantine (Closing the Border) Amendment Directions (No 2) your G2G PASS has NOT BEEN APPROVED for entry into Western Australia (Due to being in NSW within the last 14 days).
  • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​This email serves as a notification that your request to undertake travel in accordance with the Directions restricting travel into, and within the State of Western Australia has been RECEIVED.
    • ​​​​​​​Application status:REJECTED. In line with Section 5 (e)(i) of the Quarantine (Closing the Border) Amendment Directions (No 3) your G2G PASS has NOT BEEN APPROVED for entry into Western Australia.
Yep, those important things, you know, like being able to put food on the table, or keep the lights on, because I'm not eligible for JobKeeper or Centerlink benefits really mean a lot to the team at Operation Tide who overseas those applications. BTW, go have a look at the Quarantine (Closing the Border) Amendment Directions (No 2) order. People from NSW were still permitted to travel, but Victoria was locked out. But still the application was rejected and you have no recourse, no avenue to appeal.