PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the airline sector in denial about its imminent collapse?
Old 14th Sep 2020, 07:07
finestkind

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Some very good points. But the aviation industry is part of the machine which is driven basically by leisure activities, whether holidays or a quick visit. Roll into that all the industries that are part of the holiday package from resorts, hotels, petrol, tyres, fuel, terminal shops etc etc. and I do not believe we have yet seen the economic wave, yet to hit. I believe that around March, for the Aussie side of things, that there will be a sudden reality check where the credit card is maxed out, employment which one thought they had is no longer there. The unfortunate roll on effect for those that still have employment will be an inability to take holidays due to having taken LWP, hence no spare cash for the hol, or have used their leave to stay employed and have no leave to take. This will be the second wave that very likely sinks those that have been able to keep their doors open.

I appreciate the kick back against the doom and gloom soothsayers but preparing for the worst means you are prepared and reality does not smack you in the teeth. If I am wrong fantastic, if I am right well my stock of baked beans is looking good.