PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone want a Victor bomber, FREE to a good home
Old 14th Sep 2020, 05:49
PapaDolmio

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I did my last five years at Marham so I'll be sad to see her go but I guess it's inevitable really as I expect she's in a right state internally. It makes you wonder what some of the other large aircraft preserved outside are like, Waddington Vulcan?

Further afield I would hope the VC10 and C130 C3 at Cosford will survive a while longer being fairly recently retired but I expect they will eventually go a similar way? Likewise the Vulcans at various civvy sites up and down the country.
Although I have a soft spot for the Bev it was a fairly small fleet, operated a long time ago and is not well known by the public, it's also flipping big, all of which don't work for it sadly. No disrespect intended- I'd love to see it survive but I can't see it somehow.

At least a couple of Victor's have long term futures, the Duxford K1 (?) looked to be undergoing some pretty serious maintenance work when I visited last year

Hopefully parts of the Marham Victor will survive.