PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A sad day for the first batch of the FIRED 600
Old 13th Sep 2020, 03:57
Fired600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A sad day for the first batch of the FIRED 600

So the day eventually came. The first batch of the redundancies the ‘600’ leave to pastures greener today.

I leave here with mixed feelings. I will leave Emirates, seeing it without the heart and soul that it had when I joined. No longer the family and community that it once was and that I was proud to have been a part of.

To the many profession pilots, cabin crew, engineers I have met in Dubai over the many years I thank you for your friendship, humour, and your resilience and memories you have given me. It was my pleasure to serve with you all.

To the gutless cowardly, management who didn’t have the common human decency to take care of your loyal staff, or even acknowledge them during mass redundancies, I wish you what you reap.

To the remaining pilots, crew, engineers and staff, I wish you safe and COVID free skies. Do remember that ultimately you are just a number on Emirates spreadsheet, dont sacrifice your lives to them, they will not even say goodbye as you leave.

Adios.......