PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will you ever go back to Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2020, 01:36
Xeptu

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts
I've always seen myself as a bit of a visionary since Dick Tracy's watch, you young blokes might need to look that one up.

I watched Neil, Buzz and Mike fly to the moon. Ten years later I was flying myself. I've seen The INS, VLF Omega, IRS, VOR and DME replace the Navigator. I've seen the auto throttle replace the flight engineer. I've seen propellors become turbo jet, become fan jet and four engines become two. Analog become digital, the dark cockpit, the glass cockpit, the FMS, the GPS, the TAWS the TCAS and ADS. The 33k dialup modem, become broadband become fibre, from cable to wireless. The first mobile phone become digital, become smart, home phones and public phones fade away. I've used the first pc, laptop and tablet. DOS, visual basic, C+ C++ and HTML5. I've seen automation and robotics do things so tiny and precisely that humans cannot. I've seen recession, mergers, collapse and emergers.

Most of those things we had barely heard of before we were learning and using them. Most of those changes occurred in the last 30 years, evolving ever more quickly. I think I've seen my fair share of change and adapted quite well Thanks.

So just in case I missed anything, if you wouldn't mind updating the last 5 years and if you feel so inclined your expectation in the next 20 years.

Propjet88 is on it, post 41, good post.