PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will you ever go back to Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2020, 22:31
lucille

Received 115 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by 3wickets
My biggest advice to anyone who has a fresh CPL , if you want a long lasting and prosperous career in Aviation. Seek flying jobs OVERSEAS. I left Australia with about 400hrs , scored single piston day VFR charter job. Got my hours , then got a job flying airliners in the U.S. straight from piston to Jet.

opportunities like that do not and will not exist in Australia unless you become a cadet. Myself as well as thousands of other Australians are flying all over the world Asia, Africa , U.S ....the aviation industry in Australia is its own worst enemy. Take a leap of faith , I did 4 years ago n haven’t looked back 👍
+1

Best career move I ever made and that was 35 years ago. Despite not being a religious person, but the word blessed is the only one to properly describe my career after leaving Oz. If I can do it, anyone can.

Although for the next couple of years everyone will have to accept that there will be zero opportunities overseas. Eventually, as sure as day follows night, they will return.

Occupy the next few years with care. Add value to yourselves.