PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will you ever go back to Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2020, 19:41
Climb150

Received 53 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 3wickets
My biggest advice to anyone who has a fresh CPL , if you want a long lasting and prosperous career in Aviation. Seek flying jobs OVERSEAS. I left Australia with about 400hrs , scored single piston day VFR charter job. Got my hours , then got a job flying airliners in the U.S. straight from piston to Jet.

opportunities like that do not and will not exist in Australia unless you become a cadet. Myself as well as thousands of other Australians are flying all over the world Asia, Africa , U.S ....the aviation industry in Australia is its own worst enemy. Take a leap of faith , I did 4 years ago n haven’t looked back 👍
Leaving Australia with only a few hundred hours means your only employment options are one operator in lndonesia or maybe a job flying tourists around Southern Africa.

Even pre covid the USA was the only place an Australian could walk into a jet job with no previous jet time. You still needed ATP mins. Whilst it is possible to do what you did, you were very lucky and it's not a common outcome.