PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Reform? What planet are these fools on?!
Old 3rd Dec 2003, 05:49
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Druglord:

Standards applied in C/B airspace in US the same as here, except between VFR and IFR where they have the concept of "target resolution". I understand this means they pass traffic and don't let the radar symbols overlap. It was to be implemented here on 27NOV, but is now in stage 3. Don't know why.

Everybody picking on Tobzalp about ICAO FPL, including that f@ckwit Winstun:

How much simpler can it be? We have a standard ICAO flight plan system, like US & Europe. By this definition we CAN'T make it any simpler, formwise. Regardless of this, when somebody gives me a FPL in the air, (and it happens, and I take them unless I really am doing something else that a reasonable set of workload priorities says should take precedence,) and doesn't give me all I need or gives me stuff that's obviously wrong I just ask for what I need. It's what I did when I used to work breifing also. The ONLY pilot I can recall that ever "arced up" when prompted for more detail was DICK SMITH, "I designed this system so I don't have to tell you that," was his farcical response...

Winstun:

If it was such a crime for the ATC in that incident to use visual separation why are you such an ardent supporter of NAS? The project has already introduced procedures that give PILOTS the opportunity to abandon current separation standards if they believe in the power of windows, and will introduce more IN ALL CLASSES OF AIRSPACE in later stages.

Nobody here in the big white box is frightened of more workload. Bring it on. Even a pea-brain like yourself must understand that more workload means more ATC sectors. But, hang on, NAS is supposed to REDUCE workload and SAVE money isn't it. Maybe if you tone down the sarcasm we could find out what it is you want out of life

RTB RFN:
What you are saying is that because VFR continue to blunder through airspace they shouldn't we will adopt that as the system? Because kiddies won't use the school crossing and run across the road, we'll retire the Lollipop-Lady and encourage kiddies to run across the road anywhere, dramatically reducing the fatalities at school crossings...