PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eight B787 pulled from service over structural issues
Old 12th Sep 2020, 01:20
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for an airport-callsign SLF to enter a plea.

There isn't any question (I've agreed three or four times now (plus a lot of hammering on Boeing on other threads)) that the culture degraded. The point of looking for the niceties of courtroom evidence - since I am copping a plea - apparently doesn't matter in this instance. Maybe there isn't a single assertion in any of the reported deficiencies about these specific manufacturing issues which is inaccurate. I had thought that healthy skepticism works both ways - that to solve the problems Boeing is manifesting, turning the clock back isn't really an option, and so sorting out what's accurate from what may not be accurate actually does matter. But, I cop.

As for euphemisms, perhaps there is knowledge about the Board deliberations and the information upon which they acted in opting to build a plant in South Carolina which makes it clear that the move was thoroughly and exclusively, or nearly exclusively, about avoiding a union workforce. That was not the only factor I recall from decidedly non-inside knowledge of which I was aware. But the label applied to a class of legislation, right-to-work, isn't a euphemism. And by the phrase, imbalance of power, yeah I had hoped to evoke the disdain which a lot of observers have for contemporary progressive dogma. But if the plant relocation was only about avoiding a union and nothing else, then it was an ill-timed shot at sarcasm.

[I'll take: voice of reason. . . when and if I could find it. Thanks.]