PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eight B787 pulled from service over structural issues
Old 11th Sep 2020, 22:11
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps too much respect attributed to the objective reporting (inquiry, and assessment) by the Dep't of Transportation I.G. about the MAX can lead to exposure to assertions of "quick discounting" or lack of "healthy skepticism" in this nascent situation. An earlier post (#15 - before broad accusatory generalizations surfaced in the thread) didn't claim it was expressing healthy skepticism, but that would be a fair description, looking back.

Still not questioning the overall indictment of how Boeing declined and fell, although that indictment does not make it inadvisable or unnecessary to parse press reports. It could be the case that an inquiry and assessment on a par with the I.G. report (so far) on the MAX debacle would credit the sources and employee reports at face value, but that would be a departure from that method to date. (Of course if it were a choice between needing another I.G. report in another tragic aftermath, or taking those sources at face value, that's an obvious choice.).