PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeing Hitler in real life
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2020, 10:48
Hokulea

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts
Bergerie1 - thank you so much for that, it makes me feel I haven't wasted my time. And thank you to everyone else who has responded, you have all been a tremendous source of information.

When COVID allows, my plan is to fly back home and spend time with my mother. She's healthy and pretty intelligent, so am hopeful she'll still be around when that opportunity returns. We spent last Christmas together and I know it won't be the last time I spend with her, and am now more determined to get her to talk. Obviously my tactics will be gentle. I know a lot about my father's service, but still know little about my mother's WWII experience, and I won't feel complete until I learn that. It's not something I think I can do on the phone, this has to be face-to-face. We get on well (that wasn't always the case but it is now) so I think this will happen.

Thanks to all of you who understand this thread and please understand my admiration and appreciation for all of you that have served your country. All of you are remarkable people and deserve thanks from everyone enjoying their freedom today.