PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 9th Sep 2020, 09:42
Lead Balloon

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts
I was called into the CASA Head Office very early on. The entire CASA team of half a dozen was sitting across the table in a confronting manner. They explained to me that I had breached the regulations regarding signage requirements. Apparently, I didn't meet the stipulated regulations in regard to signage and the size of the associated dimensions of that signage.

I explained to them that I wouldn't knowingly breach those regulations so could we have a look at them now in the Head Office. They didn't have access to the regulations apparently. I let them go on. They explained that they would send me a copy of the regulations the next day to support the allegation of the breach.

It was an awkward situation, I didn't want to publicly embarrass them and explain that I thought they were confused with the size requirements for aircraft call signs. Needless to say, CASA never got back to me with the legislation, as it obviously didn't exist. Graciously they didn't issue a Finding against me.
It’s Keystone Cops stuff.

Unfortunately for GA, the Keystone Cops have been given real regulatory guns but no adult supervision. And most if not all of them at that table was/is on a six figure salary.

I’m occasionally forced to read some of the stuff produced by CASA in the last decade or so, and I usually shake my head in disbelief at the crap that it is.

I have to hand it to you: You have patience that I couldn’t muster. In the same situation I would simply have said: “You arseclowns have no idea. Stop wasting my time.”