PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2020, 02:44
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ruprecht
Let me guess Xeptu...

Retired, best years of your life behind you. Travelled widely in your 20s - 60s. But travelling now is becoming difficult, not to mention how rude people are nowadays - and the crowds - this place was way better when we were here in 1975... Did I mention how rude people are nowadays? Plus places are way hotter than they used to be, and dirtier, and no one appreciates how much better this place was in 1975 despite how many times you tell them... and the travel insurance premiums are ridiculous... so you don’t really care much for travel anymore so it’s really no skin off your nose if we close the borders and don’t travel.

But here’s the thing, plenty of people still want to travel. They’re just younger than you. You got old and over cautious: it happens to everyone and now it’s happened to you.
Hell NO! The last ten years, particularly after I retired from the airlines have been the very best years. My 20 year old grandson, god damn **** kid, reminds me I'm old most days.
P.S I don't know how we ever managed without, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, GPS and vehicles that don't break down