PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2020, 02:14
dr dre

Received 357 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
IMHO to appease the fact gatherers. It makes no difference if the borders are open, there still won't be too many passengers travelling anywhere, for what purpose, why do you think we are all going to rush to the airports and travel somewhere. Are you suggesting that alone will restore the economy.
I tend to agree. I don't think the return to normal passenger levels will come as a result of governments opening borders, I think it'll come when public confidence to travel returns to a pre Covid state. It may not be until a vaccine is distributed, it may be when the media stops treating this in a sensationalist way. It may be when the spread of the virus is mostly contained, it may be when economic conditions begin to recover. Who knows? Passengers were cancelling trips in great numbers before borders were closed. There is confidence in travelling within states, but I see that as more of a sign of confidence of the public that travelling within that state is safe, rather than solely being allowed to travel within that state.