PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2020, 01:46
Turnleft080

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
I don't see that the states have any choice. Outside of a total lockdown, it's either sectional lockdown and containment, which probably doesn't work anyway (NSW will be the decider) or let it rip. The economic impact is the same either way, particularly around small business, either you can't do the job yourself or supply issues from those businesses you depend upon, same result. View it like rolling strike action from the 70"s. If and when NSW falls, there are two options, shutdown like VIC or let it rip. If you choose the let it rip option then you must accept, your own health system will most likely become overwhelmed and you probably will lose at least one of your own loved ones. Are you willing to make that choice and which will it be.
Let it rip. I'm with you Xeptu. Been saying that for along time as well. However you do that by very strict quarantine the elderly and age care. Total isolation.
While the vaccine has had a hiccup in Oxford this morning a new study came out on vit D from Spain. Let me stress of course it's not a cure though it can prevent deaths.
Basically 76 people with covid over 60s yo put in 2 groups, in hospital.
50 taking vit D -----------------------1 went to ICU ----------------- No deaths.
26 not taking Vit D -----------------13 went to ICU ---------------- 2 deaths.
Can provide the article/study later if you want. Just maybe then the hospitals won't be that overwhelmed.
Fact is the younger generation can start work right now with masks and all that other stuff.
However again, try reversing any decision Dan has made.
Coming up to 6 weeks stage 4 lockdown and the numbers have gone last 3 days 41,55,76.
What does he want zero cases in a 28 day period. Holy bloody struth.