PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL School in Central Scotland
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2020, 15:34
fitliker

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Ask what the average total hours for a PPL are in each place . Then take a look at the equipment and have a coffee or tea with the instructors .
Where you feel comfortable is where You should be . Different schools for different people ,
Be like Prince Charming and try all the feet for fit first ,before the dance .
When I went to a Tayside affiliated club in Dyce in 1987 it was not like Flight Safety back then , but they did have nice bumper stickers . Learn to Fly the Propeller Way .and they had aircraft to rent after . Good Times .
The national average of hours for the PPL licence is way above 45. I have only ever sent two students with the minimum 35 for the test . My average for my students was 55 hours . One Guy bought a really nice airplane after he got his licence and flew all over North America . His first long x-country was from Vancouver to Los Angeles . His Mooney has been on all four coasts of North America and just about every where in between .
That said it is about turning out pilots who are comfortable flying . Know their limits , the Limits of their aircraft and understand the weather .
Knowledge is the key to making it comfortable and FUN .
​​​​​​
Choose where you are comfortable .
Get video training dvds or online stuff , it is not cheating the dvds make it easy to learn.

Last edited by fitliker; 8th Sep 2020 at 15:56.