PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VC 10 to fly again as a tanker
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2020, 06:32
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
SD:-
The reality is that the VC10 last flew about 7 years ago. They have been left to rot outside in what the US regards as a maritime atmosphere. They have certainly not been carefully stored. They have seen years of military service and abuse. Going through the paperwork, if it can all even be found, would be an interesting exercise. Each one of them will be at a different configuration. Good luck with that.

It will also be very interesting to see how the approach taken by the FAA has changed in the post 737-Max world, and of course the views of other state regulators to these aircraft.

Anyone thinking there is a realistic chance of the VC10 ever flying again is either a fool or just plain stupid.
You may well say that SD but, despite all the professional input here corroborating your blanket condemnation of those who might differ, I still have a worrying suspicion that this a/c may yet wing its way stateside per the OP, airworthiness issues notwithstanding.

As to the FAA and the Max-8, I believe that abomination is about to be relaunched too. Money talks.

Call me a fool or just plain stupid. I'm quite sure you will.