PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changing face and culture of HM Forces
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2020, 14:26
Two's in
Below the Glidepath - not correcting

Received 60 Likes on 18 Posts
I'll try to bury my immediate prejudice from an article that appears in the "Daily Hate Monger" but it's difficult when they use the kind of language they know will inflame their already agitated readership. Let's be clear here, "Politically Correct" is just a term we use to either dismiss ideas that make us uncomfortable, or dismiss those people we don't believe have a valid viewpoint, that's why this article is littered with it. It goes on to say:

Job summaries on recruitment websites describe how successful candidates will be expected to ensure troops and civilian Ministry of Defence employees 'feel authentic in the workplace', that people's differences are 'valued' and that 'everyone's needs are considered'.
It must be quite the affront to the Daily Stormfront that we might want to understand differences and understand needs. What an absolute shocker - it's anarchy right there.

I'm old enough to remember my service peers moaning and bitching about the downfall of society when it was first floated that the physical abuse of recruits might not be good thing. They also hated when women became integrated members of military units instead of the "Women's Royal this" or "Woman's Royal that". I remember the joviality in a certain Aldershot Battalion when somebody decided you couldn't actually bar women from undergoing the same physical acceptance tests that had previously only been open to the boys club.

I get it. Change is very scary, development of equality that displaces fiefdoms and empires terrifies those who control the fiefdoms and empires. The service I was in was the last bastion of white male supremacy, we just never wanted to admit it or change it. That's all gone now, and the last hold-outs of discrimination and bigotry are being fully exposed for what they are, despite the efforts of the Daily National Front and the same old has-been Colonel they drag out when they want misogynist and racist view of how change and evolution will destroy the military.

So i guess I'm saying I disagree with you, which probably makes me "Politically Correct" in your world.