PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights to Berlin in the Sixties.
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2020, 13:31
t211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would just like to add to Chualug2 post. The Dan-air Hs748 and the Bae146 also frequented the Corridors when i was on the 748 we operated from Saarbrucken to Txl via the southern corridor which was 200 nauticle miles long entry was Mansbach NDB and not far from the Fulda VoR if i remember correctly. There was a localizer but these aids were frequently jammed . We had quite a few Migs come and have a look and on one occasion i was Pf the commandant for Txl was on board when one of the Migs got a bit to close The commandant saw what was going on and when we arrived at Txl He asked to use the phone in our Ops building. Anyway i have never seen a French man so angry in all my life he was jumping up and down and the phone with it i have not got a clue what he said but by the time we headed back to Saarbrucken everyone knew. This incident ended up on Maggie Thatchers Desk.Regarding the entry into the corridor in the BASC the paperwork for a schedule Flight was stamped ( Safety assured) And for a Charter flight it was ( Safety not Assured ) as my coleague said the BASC was well worth a visit because of the History I would not have missed it for the world. Happy Days

Last edited by t211; 7th Sep 2020 at 18:17.