PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Zante to Cardiff - Covid
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2020, 08:17
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
And there wasn't any analogue of the WHO behind Iceland, singing along "don't worry, they've got this very well under control" right until everyone saw that they haven't.
It's one step before WHO in this whole debacle that was the fundamental problem. It was them who was singing along "don't worry, they've got this very well under control". And they are still misleading everyone by sticking to that 'song'. They mislead WHO and we are all suffering the consequences. As I have said elsewhere, that controls all my purchasing choices now.

Originally Posted by PilotLZ
I do agree that the type of clientele which a business attracts will now be more important than ever in consumer choice. However, the problem is that some people might get too quick-handed to judge an entire airline on one flight only. In the supermarket, you can see day after day that their type of clients remains unchanged. With an airline, people who only fly once or twice a year do not have the luxury of making long-term observations. Hence the importance of a very high level of adherence to the rules. Everything necessary to enforce the safety rules needs to be done with the assumption that there's no tomorrow and no second chance.
Spot on. Our local pub is really good with their new 'ways' so I am happy to go there. A pub full of chavs would now never get my business. You are right about airlines, people judge them on very few 'samples'. For that reason it is so important for airlines to be very, very heavy-handed with transgressions of their infection safety rules. Airlines, or any other businesses, do not need bad headlines like this Thread title.