PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 5th Sep 2020, 14:37
atakacs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EchoKilla
well said. There is no such thing as empathy in this forum sadly
I will freely admit that I have very little - but not none - compassion for people putting themselves against a wall, often out of greed, and then coing to complain or look for sympathy.

EK / Dubai is a ruthless place to be or work as an expat and no sensible person can ignore it in this day and age. It was always the case, initially balanced by what was a very generous pay package (which, in my book, lasted longer than one would expect but that's another story).
The Covid crisis is unquestionably very much affecting the whole industry and EK is probably among the hardest hit given their network and commercial positioning. To expect anything but a brutal response was just plain delusional. And, at the risk of repeating myself, them reinstating full basic package is actually to be seen as fairly positive and unexpected, both in terms of pay level and timing (we are definitely not out of the woods yet). You can come complain here about how unjust and uncaring they are, but except for a few unfortunate and exceptional circumstances you will not have my sympathy.

Last edited by atakacs; 5th Sep 2020 at 16:24.