PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2020, 11:38
Xeptu

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
The only reason there will be no demand for air travel is because the borders are closed. If air travel has not returned before two years QF VA REX and lot of other operators will cease to exist. The destruction will be a lot more than the loss of a few airlines as I’m sure you know. I do have a self interest you don’t that’s why you don’t care, soon will be a time when you’re directly affected then you might think a little different. My issue with it, all these premiers are doing the wrong thing they have broken rank and file to what was agreed in March. But, deep down like yourself they don’t care. Cant blame them either they have their financial position and livelihood that is very secure as they ride off into the sunset with their pensions funded by your business and many other tax paying resident, some will even be gone before this is all over.
Instead of being angry at least try to see my message, yes the demand for air travel ended because of the border closures, but that was just the cause (trigger event) not the reason. The reason is because of the impact of a recession, which is going to be a long time, long after the borders are open again. (internal borders anyway) I will be directly effected, I'm already adjusting to minimise the impact. None of my staff will be stood down or made redundant, if I have to carry them to the very end myself. I know what to expect, I have always been ready for it. The airlines is a fickle business, good one day in crisis the next, first effected, last to recover. I was in it for 30 years I know, I've been where you are 3 times in fact. It's the reason I retired early, I felt my usefulness was being wasted. Yes there's going to be carnage and few operators will survive as they are today, it's happened enough times to know. The premiers are not doing the wrong thing, they are doing what is expected of them in the best interests of the greater majority of their states population. Yes we do care, but no-one has a magic wand to fix the problem. The sooner you accept and embrace the change, the sooner you can get on with your life. That is the most important thing.