PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Zante to Cardiff - Covid
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2020, 09:21
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
As I have posted before, a vaccine is coming. I dont know which one, its efficacy or approval date, but we will get there and the vaccine, even if only 50% efficacious (which is the FDA requirement for a license) will obtund and effectively terminate the epidemic. The question is what do we do in the interim. My concern is that Europe, and now the UK, is seeing a similar picture to the US when the US stopped lockdown. A steady increase in incidence in the young but very few hospital admissions or deaths. The incidence then reached a critical level and effectively spilt over into the vulnerable. Houston for example then went from very few admissions to an overloaded healthcare system in a couple of weeks. Now I dont think European healthcare will ever be stressed but I do worry we will see more ill and dead. Whether we do depends on the will and determination of politicians to restrict the population again.

Sadly whatever happens, aviation is in dire straights. I for one am angry because I believe society can be back to normal in the western world by Q4 2021 so 'all' we need to do is support the industry for another year. The money spent on a blunderbuss approach where some got grants, some got furlough, some got cheap meals, but others got nothing and the industries at risk were not targeted will be the downfall of our woeful leaders