PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Zante to Cardiff - Covid
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2020, 21:16
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vokes55

Agreed..

I think we (and especially the politicians) have backed themselves into a corner here..as testing is ramping up many countries are seeing an increased number of cases, and that seems to be the key metric for imposing quarantine and/or similar...not "symptomatic cases", not "cases in hospital", not "cases in ICU", simply "cases"..look at the MSM, every ***** evening, it's all about the daily number of "cases", " Breaking news - will the UK or who ever reintroduce quarantine from X or Y because of the number of "cases"?

In the UK and elsewhere schools have reopen and within days we are starting to hear of closures because somebody has tested positive. Closure,...schools shut, sent home, even though they and their cohort are rarely if ever seriously impacted by the virus.

This has all the shades of the Eyjafjallajökull volcanic ash airspace closure where, having put draconic flight bans in place some of the NAAs/ governments were very reluctant to reduced restrictions, despite the evidence, because nobody wanted to be the politician who signed off on the relaxations in case it bit them in the behind.

For the sakes of the general population we simply cannot go on like this...I'm of an age where I'm at elevated risk - I'm happy enough to reduce contact, continue with social distancing, etc, but my working age kids, and former colleagues, really need the economies of the world to get moving again...and that in part means air travel.