PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 4th Sep 2020, 15:24
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Shipwreck, I started with an unbiased opinion of CASA when I joined this website and even expressed disbelief over the aggressive attitude of much of the industry to CASA and counselled working hand in hand with them in a spirit of cooperation as this is the best way to work with the public service in my experience........

‘’However...... The more I read about their actions, the regulations and their behaviour as evidenced by the Forsyth review, Quadrio, Dominic James, the care flight matter, Jabiru and now Glen Buckley and APTA, I am convinced we need major change otherwise what little investment and jobs remaining will disappear.

The Act does not require CASA to take into account the needs of the aviation industry in any meaningful way. It is written in greasy, deceitful lawyer speak in a way that deliberately avoids accountability while maximising CASA power. The Act is not fit for purpose any more than CASA is if the purpose is for the benefit of Australia.