PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2020, 13:49
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still feel lots of denial from those who were advocating for integrated as "the premium route" a couple of years ago. And I think that it's time to wake up. Gone are the days when it had the unique selling point of having a job (almost certainly) attached to it. After the massive blow to all cadet programs, people will be extremely cautious over paying two or three times as much as a modular course for the dubious "guarantee" of some salesman who has no true influence on anyone's employment prospects. The trend for airlines to prioritise integrated cadets over modular ones started subsiding a couple of years ago. Now it has been completely shattered as there will be hardly any place for any cadet in the market until at least 2-3 years from now, maybe more.

What do I think those caught in the eye of the storm should do? Try to minimise your losses. If that means pulling out of the now useless MPL - that's exactly what you should do. Take whatever credit is available and complete your training with a reputable modular school, aiming NOT to graduate before at least 2 years from now. This way, you will have saved a ton of money and you will still have the most important modules (IR, MCC, JOC) nice and fresh at the time hiring picks up.