PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Zante to Cardiff - Covid
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2020, 12:57
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLF3
There were (early reports, numbers may have changed) a total of 16. 7 boarded with it, 9 likely got to the airport without it, had it shortly after landing.

I appreciate the mentoring, but don't worry - I have hobbies (trains and buses are not on the list) and don't need you to feel sorry for me!

What I have seen does not encourage me to fly, although I would like to: I repeat my point, the airline industry is paying lip service to Covid and self harming by doing so.

Where's the evidence that they're able to detect within a 3 hour time frame when people contracted COVID-19? Last I heard the incubation period was 2-14 days.

If it doesn't encourage you to fly then don't fly. But just because you don't want to, doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't. Typical 2020 attitude: I have an opinion and if yours is different it must be wrong.

From my experience, the silent majority of people want life to return to normal and believe the continued global obsession with this virus is an overreaction that's causing far more damage than the virus itself. The majority will wear a mask on a flight because they have to, not because they think it "keeps them safe" or stops them spreading illnesses. Of course you won't read that in The Sun so you probably won't be aware of that.