PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2020, 10:55
ATNotts

Received 287 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Dannyboy39
I know I'm like a broken record, but there needs be a more sensible / joined up approach to this; not just in the UK but across Europe. Science doesn't change at the border, but with everything in international diplomacy, each country makes it up as they go along. A common approach with exemptions, not just for air crew, but also for all key workers.

The map at the bottom of this ECDC webpage is a good colour coded indicator of regional variations.
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

I'd argue that self isolation requirements should apply to the following:
Blue (zero cases) - Free travel... TLL for example
Yellow (less than 20 in 2 weeks) - free travel... LGW, NOC, OSL, RIX, FNC, LCA, HEL
Light orange (20-60) - recommend isolation, but not mandatory... LHR, MAN, DUB, FAO, MRS, TXL, CPH, FCO, ATH, VIE
Brown (60-120) - mandatory isolation with testing options... CDG, AGP, MLA, NCE
Maroon (120+) - lockdown... MAD, BCN, TFS, ACE, LPA
You proposal is on the face of it sensible, however people travel within countries, and although this thread is specifically about air travel, anyone crossing into the UK on surface modes of thansport will likely have their car with them and for example, in France easily have stayed in Paris, whilst visiting an area outside "brown zone". No quarrel regarding travel by air from the islands of Spain, Portugal, Greece etc., rules could and should be more nuanced where possible. It would however require some update of the UK government online form to accommodate this.