PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Zante to Cardiff - Covid
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2020, 09:34
double-oscar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it interesting that despite the publicity this incident attracted, as far as I can see in the various media reports only one person has actually complained about the behaviour of the crew and passengers on this flight. There were at least another 185 people on board who didn’t think it was an issue worth raising. I know the level of acceptance of the new rules by passengers can vary by flight and destination and we can only encourage people to follow the rules. However, you also have to realise there are loop-holes in the rules. Some people are exempt from wearing a mask and how do you deal with a person who is continually sipping the bottle of water they brought on board or taking an age to eat their sandwich.
However, this is a real opportunity to test the effectiveness of the aeroplane air systems. If somebody can be bothered to the research it should be possible to identify where everybody involved was infected. This would help show whether air travel is safe in the current environment.