PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 4th Sep 2020, 09:15
Survival Cot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner
You misunderstood. I’m just saying that they’ve not received the protections of LIFO in the MOA that listening to Balpa would have you believe have been upheld as part of the deal. There are several groups to which the “general principle of last in first out” from the MOA has been played fast and loose.
This thread proves time and time again how unprepared and out of date the MOA is for a redundancy situation, lacking any detail leaving it open for these diametrically opposed debates.

Sadly another bout of redundancy is a real possibility. The agreements made on the first round try to appease those with strong LIFO views resulting with employees directly paying for CRS & retraining costs. Neither of these initiatives feature in the MOA resulting in cost zero for the employer.

The root cause was an arrogant view that BA never makes pilots redundant. This attitude created a lack of a clear a written agreement/process hence the mess and infighting.

If there is further pressure on society as Covid bites even more, further redundancy without clarity of process is a real possibility. More infighting will no doubt ensue.

There is with any debate, pockets of animosity, hopefully isolated to the few, for me my focus is anything I can do for the vulnerable as this crisis deepens....